October 05, 2022
Level recognised as top ranking media, entertainment and sport law firm by Legal 500
Level is delighted to announce that they have retained top rankings by Legal 500 in both the Media and Entertainment (including Media Finance) and Sport sectors, with 15 individual recognitions.
Hall of Fame: Morris Bentata, Daniel Lowen
Next Generation Partner: Liz Coley, Tim Lowles, Rowena Samarasinhe
Other noted lawyers: Dan Harrington; Fraser Reid
Legal 500 notes:
“Level operates a non-traditional structure, providing its senior specialist lawyers with a platform through which they run their own individual practices. The firm’s client roster features high-profile footballers, national and international federations, teams, agencies and broadcasters in the sports sector. Morris Bentata is recommended for his work in sports media and data. Daniel Lowen and Liz Coley offer expertise in the UK football industry. Dan Harrington advises on the acquisition and sale of domestic and international sports rights, whereas Fraser Reid primarily focuses on contractual matters and athletes’ commercial activities. Tim Lowles is well-regarded for his contentious sports practice. Rowena Samarasinhe is another key name within the department.”
"Level are approachable yet professional, all of their team members go out of their way to be available to meet the needs of our business."
"Daniel Lowen has an exceptionally high degree of knowledge, experience and industry expertise, yet is always personable and very pleasant to deal with."
"Morris Bentata is exceptional. He is responsive, pragmatic and brilliant at working to a tight timeframe."
- Pitch International
- Atalanta Media
- RDA Television
- Asian Football Confederation (AFC)
- Interregional Sports Group Ltd (ISG)
- Advised DAZN on all its major projects. Particular projects include working on its acquisition of exclusive global rights to the UEFA Women’s Champions League and its global distribution partnership for the UEFA Women’s Champions League with YouTube. This deal provides an unprecedented platform to bring the best of women’s football to a global audience for the first time.
- Advised on 130 player transfers, loans and new contracts during the 2021 summer transfer window, including Emile Smith-Rowe’s new contract at Arsenal, Takehiro Tomiyasu’s transfer to Arsenal, Maxwel Cornet’s move to Burnley, Leon Bailey’s and Emiliano Buendia’s moves to Aston Villa, Will Hughes’ move to Crystal Palace and many more transactions which were widely reported in the press.
- Advised AFC on all commercial legal matters, including a multi-billion dollar agency agreement, sponsorship agreements, media rights agreements and disputes with various parties including several high-value international arbitrations.
LONDON – TMT (TECHNOLOGY MEDIA & TELECOMS) – MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT, INCLUDING MEDIA FINANCE | TIER 5
Next Generation Partner: Jennifer Parker (Film and TV)
Other noted lawyers: Halina Wielogorska; Tim Lowles; Dan Harrington; Irving David; Rochelle Winn; Alec Cameron; Morris Bentata
Legal 500 notes:
“Described as 'personable lawyers who work tirelessly' Level's practice services a wide variety of clients on matters pertaining to music, film, and performing arts. Jennifer Parker has extensive experience in advising on matters arising in film & TV and has recently been involved extensively in the production of documentaries. On the music side of the practice, Halina Wielogorska is focusing on working entrepreneurs in the space as evidenced by her acting for Premier League Football Club Wolverhampton Wanderers on setting up their own record label.”
"Responsiveness, experience and a pragmatic approach. We rely on Level’s expertise as a core part of our business."
"We work with Irving David who not only has huge knowledge and experience but most importantly is unfailingly polite but determined to represent our interests at all times. I know I can rely on his judgement and advice to get the best outcome. Irving is brilliant at what he does and always with absolute professionalism."
"Jenny Parker is a brilliant lawyer. Smart, collaborative, accessible, nice and also pragmatic."
- Beno Obano via PSC Sinnybaby Media Limited
- Kojey Radical via PSC Bellyempty Limited
- Emily Burns
- Carly Wilford
- Amaarae via PSC Goldenchild Music Ltd.
- Sixteen Films Limited
- Blink Productions Limited (for Matter 6 only)
- Robbie Lyle and Tao Weitzer
- Advised Wolverhampton Wanderers on establishing the first ever record label set up by a UK football club – ‘Wolves Records’.
- Advised director Paul Dugdale on his director’s agreement for the award winning “Adele One Night Only” production and for the Glastonbury Live at Worthy Farm project.
- Represented RDA Television in a ca. EUR10m claim brought by European Professional Club Rugby and in a corresponding counterclaim.