We have a vacancy for a dedicated assistant solicitor to join our family law department working directly for our Head of Department.
We have a vacancy for a dedicated assistant solicitor to join our family law department working directly for our Head of Department, Sofia Moussaoui, who is widely regarded as being among the very best family lawyers in the UK.
The work of our family law department incudes handling sensitive matrimonial cases for stellar clients, often involving complex international elements. Based in our Covent Garden HQ, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our Head of Department is fully supported as we continue to grow our first-class family law practice.
In this role you will be responsible as the principal assistant solicitor to Level’s head of family law.
Your duties will involve:
- Providing all aspects of support to the Family Partner
- Communication with clients and opposing solicitors
- Trial bundle preparation
- Case preparation
- Drafting witness statements, Forms A, Forms E and FDA documents and the full range of financial relief documents
- Drafting of Court Applications, Divorce petitions, Orders and related documents
- Drafting forms and evidence for the full range of private law children work
- Instructing and dealing with Counsel
- Essential administrative work including ensuring deadlines are met and checking the accuracy of bundles and filings
- Provide general assistance
- Working effectively within a team, including working effectively with Partners, other fee earners and support staff
Skills and experience required
- 5-6 years' PQE
- Training and career history with a respected family law firm.
- Experience in family law, including divorce, matrimonial finance, separation and/or private law children matters
- Be able to work in a high-pressured environment and work to deadlines
- Strong literacy skills with excellent attention to detail
- The communication skills and confidence to work in a fast-paced and demanding role
- Have experience working with accounts and case management software (Clio and iManage experience preferred but not essential)
- Have good knowledge of Word
We win awards for culture.
Level is the winner of the Small Organisation award at the 2022 Business Culture awards, which recognised Level as “truly a law firm for the 21st century, as attested to by several clients. With strong growth and great representation within the business from women also, this is a well-balanced team with a strong culture.”
We offer great working environment.
You will be working at a modern law firm in our offices in the heart of London. You’ll be working with a team of dynamic and interesting people, who are all invested in making Level a great place to work.
We work in interesting industries.
Level works for some of the most high-profile clients in sport, media, entertainment and technology.
As a business we offer a competitive package as well as the opportunity to work flexibly.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- Pension (The People’s Pension)
- Annual company retreat and monthly social events
- Seven Dials and Covent Garden local discount cards
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]